Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Variety in life

Had a task at bank and hence skipped the lunch at office. Planned to have lunch outside somewhere. It took quite a time in the bank, more than the expected time ... or should I expect that to be normal because always I end up doing something or the other in the bank usually in a messy situation. This time it was a wrong form they gave me to fill and had to redo after they figured it out. After the bank, I didn't feel like having lunch. One reason was lack of company. Few years back, I never felt odd having food alone. These days seem to be different. May be I got used to the company of friends and hence finding difficult to be alone.

Hence I thought of picking up a quite restaurant, have something light like a soup and a salad. I slowly directed the bike while watching closely to the buildings and people around. During school days, I used to do such things frequently ... that is to roam around aimlessly, just to be in my cycle, keep going in any direction I felt like, mostly to roads I have never been. In such moods, I liked watching strangers, their dresses, their style, behavior extra. Even had a habit of looking into the houses (not starring for even a short time), seeing their decorations, furniture, pictures in the wall etc.

After a long time, I felt like doing the same (not the house part but roaming around stuff). I took deviations from the usual route to some unknown areas, slowly riding the bike and gazing the new places. It was a nice experience. I was looking for some restaurant to suite my mood at that time. Found a vendor in the road side with tender coconut. Had one and continued by voyage. Seeing the changes in the localities made me feel like traveling in a train; the way sceneries changes from lush green pasture of fields to swampy water land then to waste land, perhaps some coconut groove with mountains at the background ... same way in the city, we could feel the changes in the posh-ness, slummy things, typical middle class chaos, then the busy streets, deserted loneliness ... gave a different picture about life by just going out of the routine path and thinking.

Usually I have a sense of direction. Even while taking random paths and getting lost in different places, I kind of figure out the way to go home back (well, if I have time at hand, I wouldn't like to waste it by asking directions :-)). This time that campus in me failed a bit. I was in a big loop reaching the same place where I started from the bank!! Had to travel through the entire circle again and winded up at Shiva Sagar, a restaurant near by office :-)

No comments: