Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The girl in yellow churidar

Today I had my lunch with another team. The reason were 1) due to extended long weekend, many of the usual lunch mates did not turn up to office; 2) my manager called for an ad hoc meeting, which was supposed to get over by 12.30pm, however extended much up to 1pm.

I pushed myself to the table where AT, VG and KD were having lunch. They were having a serious discussion about the girl waiting in the lunch queue. By the time I went in, I got pulled into the discussion.

VG: JB, you have to help in setting with that girl.
AT: Till now only 3 of us were competing, now you have brought in one more.
VG: No, JB is like my elder brother. He will help me.
JB: As I am your elder brother, I need a major share.
VG: Hi JB!! how can you tell me like that. You know, in Ramayana, Valli was told by Rama not to seek his younger brother's wife as Valli should respect her as his sister.
AT: Now it is in a deciding stage. Once she is decided as your wife, we will all treat her as our sister.

VG: I don't find anyone 100% perfect in this world.
JB: You will not find a perfect person to your likings. Instead you can take my suggestion.
KD: Pls tell me, JB
JB: You find someone 75% perfect, after that look for someone 25% perfect. In that way, you will have a satisfaction of finding all that you want.
AT: That is a good idea

Well, I find that it is not only me or our team that is 'checking out' things or looking for 'perfection'. It is happening elsewhere too ... may be everywhere.
I didnot have a chance to look who that yellow churidar is. Her face was not visible in the queue. VG told she is passing us, after she was far away from our table!

1 comment:

swarna said...

Ha ha...! Not a bad idea Bala...But you might lose your 75% in your search for 25%