Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Quest of the students

When I get a chance, I will be visiting my college. Last week I went to my native and thought of going to the college. As usual, staff members asked me to handle a session and discuss about industrial experience. Students were quite interactive and asked many questions. They were very curious to know the working culture, the interview process, the technologies that are in demand, what is the good approach in studies and many more. Had a healthy discussion which was very useful to me and hopefully some of them benefited out of the discussion.

A team of students were asking about designing a sniper utility and asked my opinion on using ejb versus corba. Since they need a minor interface between c and java for their network oriented project, I suggested corba instead of going through ejb concepts. Off hand, I am wondering if a xml data exchange would have been a better choice for them. Need to understand their project and suggest the best approach. Nevertheless, I thought of discussing this question with my friends and pass on the details to the students (if the students contact me through mail).

I mentioned about the blog I had about gaining experience without getting a job. Forgot to mention the hunters04@yahoogroups.com details. I should have asked them to join this group which sends job related info.

Overall, it was a nice experience being in the campus and interacting with fresh minds. Would like to do so frequently. Once in a year seems to be optimal. I should prepare well to face them again.

No comments: