Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Chennai marriage

Went to Chennai for LN's marriage reception. After having dinner and wishing the couples, just relaxed in the hall and looked around. I thought of speaking to LN's mom as I happened to talk to her whenever I visited their house.

I saw her in green saree, coming out of the dinning hall. Started a conversation with her.
Me: Hello aunty, how are you doing?
She: Fine. Who are you?
(Surprised that she didnt recognize me).
Me: I am friend of L and worked with him.
She: Who is L?
(hmm .. does she has some kind of memory prob?)
Me : LN
She: oh .. maapillai paiyanna?
She: ok, nice to see you.

I felt strange about the way she was talking and walking away in a relaxed manner.

After 30mins, I saw her again in red saree. She was quite active and energetic. Just to check her reaction, I walked in front of her. She recognized me and started talking. I introduced my wife to her. She enquired about our travel, dinner and usual queries. I mentioned about the strange green sareed lady. She laughed and mentioned she is her sister. What a resemblance!

However, I still carry a pinch of suspicion. My wife and myself were curiously observing certain odd things. We never saw LN's mom and the green saree lady together. When we spot green saree, LN's mom would have vanished from the stage. When LN's mom comes back, the green saree would be out of vision. We had fun trying to put forth difference theories. Recollecting various Indian movies where the same person swaps into different roles by simple attire change ... It was quite interesting evening.

1 comment:

swarna said...

I am still wondering how you found that interesting possibility to cover your forgetfulness. You are quite creative dear!!!