Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mil and dil

Had a chance to know a little bit about the mil and dil equilibrium. My wife prepared potato curry and while having it, she asked what is the better way of preparing the dish. As I know only my mom's way of making it, I suggested my wife to check with my mom.

Ah .. that was the trigger for 30 mins rainfall. All the incidents, events, discussions, dialogs that happened from prior marriage upto now .. that is about 2 yrs of packed drama replayed again at our living room. My wife gave her interpretation of the whole sequence and also as a complimentary, highlighted what could have been others' motive in the game.

That was quite an experience. Not that everything was bad in the 30 mins time. I gained something value. First is patience. And the other is a discovery of a hot button that shouldn't be pressed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'comparisons are odorous'.
esp between MIL and DIL its uncalled for and too insensitive.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hi Balaji,
Now that Lunch time gossips became short story blog, you can write more of this kind. Less controversial and more fictional. I really like this short story. Nice one.

-M.D