Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Who is the fastest?

This posting is continuation of the title Human Fantasies.


Olden
Passion for transportation is an obsession, mainly with the guys. Cart race, rowing boat race, horse riding, buying the best horse, building beautiful chariot, were few manner in which ancient people spent their time. They valued and cared a lot for these.


Modern
The thumb rule for picking toys when we visit families with kids: barbie for girl child, car for the boy. This works well in most of the cases. Few parents dont like this idea as they may not like to bring in such discrimination. However, I feel it is something in born - ie the preference of barbie or car. Anyway, obsession is quite evident with the youngsters and adults when they talk about their bike or car. Thou our road and traffic restrict the speed to 20 kmph, we still flash our money to get the bike which can reach 120 kmph in 10 secs.

The only non-living being I own which raises to a quasi-living being is my bike. At times I pat it if I drive too long or if I am late than promised time.

You may rush for girls.

No comments: