Monday, April 07, 2008

Food on-demand

This idea occurred while having lunch in a restaurant. What if I want a dish made out of a particular recipe? It would be nice if a restaurant promotes that idea. Food on-demand could work like this :

  • I go to their website and place a recipe. I could give a url to a recipe or type in my own recipe.
  • Restaurant reviews it and does a feasibility study. Return back to the requester with the cost estimate, date of availability etc
  • Both the parties decide on a suitable date and time, may be an advance is paid to the restaurant for planning the work
  • The person happily munches on the meal he wanted to have (probably the recipe out of his/her childhood memory). Optionally the person can leave a comment on the dish and level of satisfying his/her expectations.

Here is my list of items I would like to get it done in that way :

  • There are so many tasty dishes made out of plantain flower. My wife avoids them due to the complexity involved in preparing them. Very rarely we get in restaurants. If we have 'On-demand food', I could pass a recipe like this.
  • In Foster city area, I had tasted a potato pizza. (I think the restaurant name is Lake View). They did not use the potato wedges. Instead cut them into small cubes and slightly fried. It was very nice. From then on, whenever I have to order, I use to check for that pizza; unlucky me .. never ate that again. Few times, I tried convincing pizza restaurants to try that toppings and none dare to. They wanted to follow the direction they know.
  • There are many dishes I had in my childhood. Today I don't have them, may be I don't get those materials around. Or I don't know where to get. Food on demand would address them.

3 comments:

swarna said...

This banana flower recipe looks simple. I ll try it. And wat are those child-hood favs? Can you recollect the names, we can try finding the recipe online and experiment.

Bala said...

hmm .. I think girls become very mild, tame and friendly over net. I know what the reaction would have been if I had asked for banana flower recipe or any other childhood fav

swarna said...

I dont mind trying simpler ones. It becomes difficult only if you ask for a complicated dish and on top of that refuse to help me with it. Did I not do that unripe banana dish y'day?