Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Search for an orm

I had to write a small utility that will fetch data from the file system + environment and process them before depositing into a database. I thought of trying an object relational mapping tool to generate java code. That would reduce most of my work.

Avoided heavy weight tools like hibernate, toplink etc. I feel they are suited for complex, multi-tiered applications. I need a simple one.

Upon googling, I got lots of orm available for free. Had to scrutinize each of them and compare pros n cons. Few of them came close. Downloaded them and started checking them.

One worked fine for the sample they gave but failed to work against my db. Another had inadequate doc that I didnt know the step after downloading. Third expected me to write the java code and that tool will map to the db - this is not what I want.

Finally I got the tool I wanted. sql2java - available in sourceforge. Had to tweak the generated code a bit but finally got something to work. In this two days of usage, so far it is smooth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.