Sunday, December 30, 2007

I bought the Monk's Ferrari

The title of the book was catchy and made me to take a look inside (guess that is what author, Ravi Subramanian, expected to happen when he framed this title)

After flipping few pages and reading a chapter, I bought the book. Quite interesting thoughts. Particularly I liked the "work-life balance" topic - a different line of thinking than what is popular trend now. This ought to be interesting for anyone aspiring to climb up the career or establish a corporate empire.

Apart from that, the book is yash (yet another self-help) book. The word Ferrari is sprinkled artificially all over the book; and that was irritating. The last chapter throws some clarity for doing so.

Usually these kind of books drag us to Newyork or SFO, where we are alienated. The Ferrari story line happens at Hyderabadi roads and Mumbai buildings, and so makes us feel at home. Hope we get more books like this.

There is no connection between "Monk who sold his Ferrari" and this book, except the title and few places where author mentions about the earlier book. That was a disappointment for me. I was hoping a dramatic scene where Ravi meets Julian to negotiate the Ferrari and strikes a deal :-)

After watching the sequel of a movie, most likely we feel that the original was better. Same feeling I got with this book compared to "The monk who sold his Ferrari". (Not sure if I can compare). Said apart, this new Ferrari book is worth reading once.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bala. I was just surfing the net for reviews on my new book and I came across your review. I am glad that you liked "I BOUGHT THE MONK'S FERRARI". Yes, there are a few areas of improvement which i will work on. In case you wish to give me any further feedback or if any of your friends who have read this book have any comments, please feel free to call me at +919820052545 or drop in a line at ravisubramanian@hsbc.co.in, which is my email id. Have you read my first book, "IF GOD WAS A BANKER". Do read it and let me have your thoughts.

cheers
Ravi Subramanian

Kesari said...

Hi Bala, nice to see a similar post in your blog, though published 2 months back!

However, an acknowledgement by the author himself makes me envious :)

Anonymous said...

How far is it to the park?
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online yps