Monday, October 01, 2007

disparity

while catching the flight from my city, I called the local taxi guy. This is the taxi we regularly engage as he charges nominally. After dropping at the airport, he happily accepted the 100 bucks I gave.

After getting down from the flight, I moved towards the exit. A placard with my name welcomed me. The man in clean white suite was holding it. He gave a nice, warming smile and took me to a nice car. We had a good discussion about general things. At the drop point, he gave me the bill/receipt. The car agency had swiped 850 bucks from my credit card and I need to formalize it by a signature.

I dont complain about the cost or service etc. I am thinking aloud about the way corporate world function. When a corporate need to fix a solution, it has to pay heavily, right from electricity, phone bills, real estate, construction, printing etc. If such corporate has to survive in such transactions, these amount will have to paid by the customer or buyer.
Wondering what will it be if we strip down many of the pseudo-cost-escalation. We might have better efficient place with less stressful environment.

No comments: