Tuesday, October 28, 2008

In the wild

Got the possession of the farm. On the first day evening, I moved in with my wife. The sun was setting slowly and so we were settling down. The electrical work ought to be worked out. Hence we had to pour kerosene in the newly bought kerosene lamp and lit it before the sunset. With the lights up, we found a clean spot (as clean as possible) for making our bed. It was inside a small room. We closed the window so that creatures from outside dont join us. As we didnt have anything to do around 6.30pm, we had our dinner. It was a nice candle light dinner, tasted like bread with jam. We promised to have lots of singing, playing jokes and talking everything under the sun (beyond as well). After talking about everything, at 7.30pm we felt sleepy. After putting off the lights, the room was pitch dark. It was so dark that closing the eyes or opening them didnt matter. Once in a while my wife switched on the torch and scanned the walls, roof to check any unwanted visitors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Compare that to my evening : 11:30 PM - TV programs got too boring to keep me awake.
11:45 PM - I decide to sleep, but I am hungry... ate something that tasted like bread and jam.
11:55 PM - the light from the nearby building seems to be focused right onto my bed. I pull the blinds shut.
11:57 PM - The light from the nearby building creeps in through the small gap between the blinds.
11:58 PM - I cover my eyes with my hand and try to sleep...
6:15 AM - Alarm goes off... I hate to wake up. In this part of the world, the sun comes up only after 7:00 AM during winter, but the light from the nearby building is still falling onto my face.
I wish we had power outages - if not during the day, at least at night.
--------------------
T.L
---------------------