Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Dataflow through pages

What is the right way of passing info from one web page to another? When it comes to jsf+adf, things get murky. Upon googling, I stumbled into pageFlowScope. As that was what I looked for, I started using the same. However while accessing the pageFlowScope api from the java code, problems started appearing. First I faced invalid property name exception - this exception, error msg was misleading. Upon tweaking the lib, I got 404.

Now I tried downloading more libs and upgrading the ide version. That didn't help. After some more search in the net, I found processScope whose documents were exactly same as pageFlowScope. Looks like oracle took pageFlowScope code and doc, did a global search n replace to processScope. Anyway things are working after I moved to processScope.

I have a feeling that when I try to simulate GET behavior in jsf+adf, I will have one more sleepless night. Let me try that too.

No comments: